Wednesday 6 August 2014

Cell Phone Battery Life



You have a powerful new smartphone full of features, but the battery lasts for only a few hours a day. Battery life depends on the usage of your phone, the applications you run, whether or not you have Wi Fi , bluetooth and other similar features activated, power saver settings and even the graphics and pictures that you display on your phone as screensavers and backgrounds.   It should also be noted that  poor cell coverage forces your phone to work harder to latch on to a strong enough signal, which inevitably increases the demands on the battery.  To get more out of the battery life of you cell phone, you can do the following:


  • Enable Power saver settings
  • Turn off GPS, NFC, LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth services when not required
  • Close apps when you are finished with them instead of having them running unnecessarily in the back ground
  • Put in Airplane mode if you don't immediately need data and voice calls
  • Use darker or less colourful backgrounds
  • Reduce time out period

BATTERY LIFE
Samsung Galaxy S5
HTC one
Samsung Galaxy Note
Apple iPhone
Nokia Lumia
SONY Xperia
Google Nexus
Black Berry Z10
21
20
25
10.5
16.5
15
15.3
10
390
496
528
250
432
600
300
312
10
9.5
5
10
7
6
4.5
6.3
12
11
13.5
10.5
9
7
5
8.5
2800
2600
3200
1560
2420
3000
2300
1800

4 comments:

  1. Thanks!! Just turned off bluetooth and closed off apps!! now I know why the battery wears down so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tips for extending battery life are really useful. I have already turned off wi-fi and enabled the power saving setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My phone gets REALLY hot and the battery drains really fast. I tried the tips in this post and WOW! my battery lasts much longer. Now I can keep my phone in my pocket without burning my leg off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate these tips! I didn't realize that the background affected the battery life.

    ReplyDelete